1. According to the editors, what concern does Althusser share with Plato?
2. What is the “ultimate condition of production”?
3. How does school contribute to the reproduction of the conditions of production?
4. What is an ISA? How does Althusser distinguish ISAs from Marx’s theory of the state?
5. What is the dominant ISA at the time of Althusser’s essay (1970)? How so?
6. Althusser claims that “ideology is a representation of the imaginary relationship of individuals to their real conditions of existence.” Explain what this means in your own words.