1. In the opening paragraph, what is objectionable to Nietzsche?
2. What is the greatest strength of human intellect?
3. How does Nietzsche show that language is not “the full and adequate expression of all realities”?
4. What do leaves and honesty have in common, according to Nietzsche’s discussion of concepts?
5. How does the coin work as a metaphor for truth?
6. Why is the human being a superior architectural genius to the bee?
7. What does Nietzsche’s comparison of art to dreams teach us about the relationship of art to science?
8. Nietzsche’s essay about the figurative dimension of truth is full of metaphors. He concludes with a description of two people: the man of reason and the man of intuition. How do these “men” handle misfortune differently?